Sunday, November 12, 2006

Egg Extra Salad (p1)

OK this dish was one of those that just sort of evolves from wanting something but not sure what, until you taste it. I wanted an egg salad one evening and had boiled eggs in the fridge already to go. I wasn't sure if i wanted an egg salad or tuna salad with hard boiled eggs, added but finally decided on an egg extra salad. Basically i wanted to add some beans for more veggies and it just started evolving from there. I have made this twice now and my family really enjoys it and so does a few of my friends that have been over at the right time, ha ha.


1 dozen hard boiled eggs, shelled and chopped

2 to 3 TAB of splenda sweet pickle relish
1 to 2 TAB of brown mustard
1/2 to 1 cup carrot, largely shredded
1/4 cup
onion, diced
1 to 2 tsp chili powder

salt and pepper to taste

1 can northern white beans, rinse and drained
well
1 cup of mayo
1 bell pepper, diced

1/3 to 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

1 to 2 pkt splenda if desired


Mix all the ingredients and serve as is, on whole wheat toast/bread/pita/crackers, or rolled up in lettuce leaves. This was really good and was basically just a toss it in kind of dish.

2 comments:

G said...

That is definitey an Eggstra salad. was it good? It could be a good way to get more veggies into my boys. I hid some veggies from timmy in my chicken salad

Nau-Dee said...

Actually its very good and it is a good way to get more veggies in :D