Sunday, July 12, 2009

Homemade Eggnog

I went looking for a homemade eggnog after I found a yummy looking recipe for eggnog and rum french toast, that I wanted to try. Being that its July I find no pre-made eggnog at the store so I started looking on line for one. I found many variations but the one I settled on was posted by a Denise on allrecipes.com. It had over 60 positive ratings and it sounded really good. I've never made eggnog before so I was a bit skeptical but wow was I impressed with this one. (I added rum for the french toast recipe, and it was really tasty this way too. It was also the way my husband preferred it - lol).
For Homemade Eggnog
(posted by Denise on allrecipes.com)
NOTE: I cut this recipe in half as I only needed about a cup of it for the french toast and wanted a lil to enjoy without having a lot left over....come the
holidays this year I think
we'll end up double for get-to-gethers)
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 quart milk
  • 1/3 pint heavy whipping cream
  • 1 pinch ground nutmeg
  • 1 pinch salt
  1. Beat eggs; mix in condensed milk, vanilla, quart of milk and salt.
  2. Beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold in to egg and milk mixture and sprinkle with nutmeg. Serve chilled. ***Note: depending on your preference, you can also add rum to taste...or whatever alcohol you like in your nog. Its all a matter of taste preference. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

AnickH said...

Yum! This looks like a good reipe. I'll definitly try it. thankyou!

AnickH said...

Yum! This looks like a good recipe. I'll definitly they it. thankyou!