Ricotta Stuffed Chicken (p1)
(makes 4 to 5 servings)
4 to 5 skinless boneless chicken breast, partially thawed
1 to 1.5 cups ricotta cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 egg, beaten
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp Italian seasoning (plus a bit more for topping)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 jar of low sugar marinara sauce Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice chicken breasts to make a pocket (I find scissors work really well, and often better than a knife for this).
- Mix together ricotta, mozzarella, egg, garlic, 1 tsp Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon cheese mixture into the chicken pockets until full and secure with toothpicks to hold the opening together. Brown in hot olive oil for approximately 30 seconds to 1 min on each side.
- Remove and place in a glass baking dish coated with a small amount of olive oil. Repeat with other chicken breasts. Sprinkle a bit more Italian seasoning on each chicken breasts and bake at 350 for 30 mins and serve with hot marinara sauce.
- Add a little marinara sauce to the bottom of a baking dish, fill the chicken breasts with the cheese mixture and place directly in the baking dish with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake at 350 uncovered for 4 to 45 mins. Remove from oven and top each with more marinara sauce,shredded Mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning. Bake 10 to 20 mins longer, or until chicken is cooked and the cheese on top is melted and lightly browned. ENJOY!!!