Saturday, January 06, 2007

Dee's French Toast (p2)

Growing up I never cared for pancakes. It wasn't until I was pregnant with my daughter that I ate them...in fact I craved them along with cream of mushroom soup, brown sugar oatmeal and dry toast, -of all things, ha ha. Ever since then however, I've enjoed pancakes - but my true breakfast love has ALWAYS been French Toast!!!!!
This is how I make mine (I've never measured so I'm really not sure of the measurement here but this will give you the basic idea):

Dee's French Toast
WW Bread (a few pieces per person)

2 to 3 eggs, beaten
milk
cinnamon
vanilla extract, a splash or two
nutmeg, just a little for added flavor
powder sugar
a good tasting syrup

Beat the eggs, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract together. Dip each bread slice in the mixture, covering both sides well and placing in a large nonstick skillet that has been sprayed well with cooking spray.
Brown on both sides and cut into triangles using a plastic or wooden flipping spatula. Place the triangles slightly on one another as if they are fallen Damiano's and sprinkle with powder sugar and syrup. ENJOY!
NOTE: If you use a sugar free syrup, omit the powder sugar (or use splenda) and limit the amount of slices of bread,than this is South beach friendly, P2.



No comments: