Thursday, January 18, 2007

Chicken Kaya Spica (p1)

My daughters best friend Kaya just lives down the street from us and comes over a lot to hang out for a few hours, stay the night, weekend, or stay a week or two when her family goes to Poland. We really enjoy her coming around as she is a sweetheart and a lot of fun. We feel many times we have a second daughter and have taken her under out wing, sort of speak. Sometimes when her parents goes to Poland to visit family, she stays with us as she rather stay a bit closer to her friends and social life and avoid that very LONG drive. One week she stayed with us I made a particular chicken that she just LOVED. Kaya was so amazed that I "just came up with it" and she raved on about how good it was. I told her that since I created it I get to name it - and I'd let her help me with that. She was so tickled and said I needed to call it "Kaya's favorite chicken", ha ha. After some brainstorming and a discussion about how the chicken has a bit of a Mexican flair, its spicy but not hot and its very flavorful - Oh and again "how Kaya liked it" :D I finally came up with calling it "Chicken Kaya Spica"and she loved that idea and I think was a bit shocked that I really put her name in its title. Anyways, its really easy to make and its very flavorful. Hope you enjoy it!

Chicken Kaya Spica

(created by Dee)

Chicken:

6 to 7 chicken breasts (no skin or bone)
1 to 2 Tab olive oil

1 tsp onion powder

1 tsp garlic powder

1 can chicken broth

2 tsp cumin

1/4 tsp cayenne

1 pkt Sazon Goya seasoning

Topping:
fresh chopped cilantro
shredded cheese blend
sour cream
salsa

Put all of the first 8 ingredients in a large non stick skillet and cook til chicken is done (flip the chicken over a few times during cooking). Transfer chicken to a serving plate and pour the juices over (If there seems to be a lot of juice left I reduce it first). Then when ready to serve place chicken on a plate, top with mixed cheese and melt in the microwave. Top with fresh chopped cilantro and add a dollop of sour cream and salsa on the side. Note: The cilantro, cheese, sour cream and or salsa are not just garnish they really add to this chicken and seem to complete it! ENJOY!!

No comments: