Friday, December 15, 2006

CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!!!! (not SB friendly)

Chocolate chocolate chocolate Death by chocolate, did I say chocolate(?) cake!!!!
(Photoed here is my GREAT friend Ani and the cake she made for me on my Birthday!)

It was Birthday on the 13th and Our good friends are here visiting us from the states. My friend Ani made my birthday cake I wanted CHOCOLATE!
Years ago Ani got a little booklet one day from the store. It was one of those that are often at the front checkout lane as you are going though the checkout. She picked it up and it had some great idea's on how to improve box cake mixes, as well as decorating ideas for cakes and etc... This chocolate cake recipe was one of the many in this booklet but after throwing a baby shower and using it for reference on decorating ideas the booklet was misplaced and Ani and I could NEVER find what happened to it or find it again at the store. I think it was a Betty Crocker book but I'm really not sure anymore as it's been a few years. The good thing is that this cake recipe had been copied down (as its SO good!) thus, us still being able to make it today.
Warning this is extremely rich and chocolaty!!! Women who crave chocolate and cant seem to find anything that will seem to cut the craving LOVE THIS ONE!!!!!

Cake: 1 package chocolate cake mix (dry)
1/2 cup chocolate milk
1/2 cup melted butter
3 eggs, beaten
1 16 oz container sour cream
1 package chocolate pudding (dry)
1 package 12 oz chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients with a hand mixer or by hand (mixture will be very thick) and spoon into a greased bunt pan. Bake at 350 for 55-65 min. Let cool completely before removing from bunt pan.
Glaze topping:
3/4 cup chocolate chips
3 T butter
3 T white corn syrup
1 1/2 T water In a small sauce pan mix all ingredients until melted and blended together. Keep stirring as this could scorch otherwise. Drizzle all of this glaze over bunt cake and serve!

No comments: