Sunday, November 12, 2006

Garnet's Sauteed Green Beans
I attended a little party last week at my friend Garnet's house. She served up seasoned roast chicken,sauteed green beans and a few deserts. All of it was very tasty but I particularly liked the sauteed green beans. I arrived at the party early and lent my assistance in the kitchen to help her prepare for her guest. I noticed basically what she used and did to prepare the green beans and saw that its a very easy dish. i wasn't sure of all the seasonings so I emailed her and asked her how she made them. She adds it all by eye but basically told me what was in them, and having them once I was able to make it by taste/memory.
I've guesstimated the measurements below for you, but I hope they will be pretty close. This is a tasty side dish with a lightly sweet, yet spicy flavor. Its very fast and easy to make but very yummy, aromatic, and also rather pretty when served up. Enjoy!

3 - 16oz bags of frozen french cut green beans (still frozen)
1 med to large onion, diced
1 little pkt Sazón Goya seasoning with Coriander and Annatto
(it measures out to be about 1 heaping tsp)

2 to 3 tsp Season All
2 to 3 TAB dried minced garlic
3 to 5 TAB olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

In a large non-stick skillet heat olive oil. Add frozen french cut green beans, diced onion and all the seasonings. Stirring occasionally and add more seasonings and or oil if needed. Cook til the green beans reduce and are cooked through.

This is with all the seasoinging added and before mixed and cooked

Here are the green geans after cooked down and ready to be served!

No comments: