Saturday, September 09, 2006

Santa Fe Soup (p1)

Well, I really don't know where this recipe originally came from but its one that has been shared and passed around A LOT!!!! I got it from my Mom who got it from her sisters who were passing it back and forth. They got it from their step-mom who got it from My mom's Great Aunt or second cousin (???) who got it from another family member who got it from a friend and so on and so forth. I'm told that It was posted in the Hutchinson (Kansas) News Paper a while back in their recipes to share section - so I guess its Ok that I share it here with you now.
Santa Fe Soup (p1)
(Makes 4 quarts)


Ingredients:
2 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
1 onion, chopped and sautéed
2 1.0 oz. pkg. Ranch Style Dressing mix (dry)
2 1.25 oz. pkg. Taco Season mix
(dry) -what ever temp you like; mild, med or hot
1 15 oz. can Black Beans (undrained)
1 15 oz. can Kidney Beans (undrained
)
1 15 oz. can Pinto Beans (undrained
)
2 14 oz. cans of Petite Diced Tomatoes (undrained)
2 12 oz. cans of Rotel- original (you can use mild or hot if you like)
1 16 oz. pkg. of Frozen Corn (I leave this out but instead add 1 to 2 cans of chickpeas [undrained] as I'm on SB)
2 -3 Cups of water (to what consistency you like)



Mix all together and warm on stove or in crock pot

As you can see this is so extremely simple but very good. I have also added a can of green enchilada sauce and a small can of mild green chilies. I have also made it with both packages of ranch but one taco and visa verse...what ever I have on hand at the time and its always turned out good; different but good. Another thing I have done is served this with a dollop of sour cream and some shredded cheddar cheese....again very yummy! Basically this is a very easy and versatile recipe that is too easy and yummy not to try.....and why not SO MANY OTHERS HAVE...ha ha. As always, ENJOY!

1 comment:

Mags said...

This looks right up my alley... I love soups! The ranch dressing makes this unique, I think. Can't wait to try it!