Monday, March 12, 2007

Tex Mex Stew (P1)

This recipe came from the SB site and is really yummy. Its one of the first recipes I tried when we first went on SB.
(I used the just green bell peppers as thats all I had and thus is being so green...its good but not as colorful as when you also use a red bell pepper.)


Tex Mex Stew (p1)

1 lb lean ground beef
1 Red pepper
1 Green pepper
1 can black beans (15 oz)
1 sm. can green chiles (what ever heat you like)
Onion soup mix
2 cups water
Cumin
Salt
Oregano
Cayenne pepper
(top with some cheese and fat free sour cream if you like)

You can make this in one pot....
Brown the beef
Add peepers, beans, chilies, water, onion soup mix, cumin, salt, oregano and caynne pepper.
Let it cook down, I cooked mine for like fifteen minutes or so.

(If you want it thicker you can add whole wheat flower. [Mix 2 TAB flour with some water until creamy, then add to the pot.
Cook a little bit longer till it thickens and its done] NOTE: This would then make this a P2 & P3 dish. I didn't add flour and I think its just fine)

No comments: