Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Gina's Pineapple Upside Down Cake (Not Sb friendly)

Gina is a wonderful friend that I've known since the 4th grade. We were best friends while growing up and she is still extreemly dear to me and my family. She is awesome and I love her dearly. I hear she is a wonderful cook but we haven't lived in the same town as one another since we were kids and so I've never been fortunate enough to be at her table when she welcomes everyone in to eat. She is such a dear that she took her Pineapple upside down cake to my folks one evening for a visit and I herd how wonderful it was. I asked her for the recipe and she emailed it to me immediately.....like I said she is such a doll! She said she read about a pineapple upside down cake in Better homes and Gardens magazine but it was more work and only made an 8x8 pan. She adapted it and made it even easier and bigger. She also said she always gets compliments on it and its so easy as you "cheat when you make it"....it uses a boxed cake mix. I made Gina's cake tonight for a friend of mine and it was really easy and tasted wonderful. Thanks Gina!!!!

Gina's Pineapple Upside Down Cake (not Sb friendly)

This is what ya do:
Just buy a yellow cake mix at the store, replace the water with pineapple juice. Mix as directed and set aside.
You need two cans of pineapple rings as it makes a 9x11 or 9x13 pan. In the bottom of the pan you use a stick of butter (melted), 2 cups of packed brown sugar and another ½ cup or so of pineapple juice. Stir this into a syrupy paste, drop the rings in how you want them then pour on the cake batter.
Bake as directed, but keep an eye on it as it might take a little longer to cook as its very moist,. Its done when the center springs back when you touch it. Let it cool at least 30 Min's and invert.
Note: We ate it while it was still warm but I think it tasted even better after it was completely cooled.

No comments: