Friday, January 12, 2007

Pizza stuffed Mushrooms (p1)


While at the store the other night (starved after my workout at the gym and gathering things to make Kayln's Southwest Chicken Salad, I saw some beautiful Portabella mushrooms. I started to walk away and then I thought making some Pizza mushrooms sounded like a nice light snack/lunch but as I went back to get some I saw they were priced at $6 something a pound(!!!!!) I started to walk away again, shocked and sadden when I saw that these jumbo blond mushrooms were cheaper and just as nice.

I took these mushrooms and popped out the stems and pulled the excess away to create a little bigger "bowl" in the mushrooms.

Placed them on a foil lined baking sheet, lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bowl side down I sprayed them lightly with some cooking spray and baked these for 15 to 20 min at 350 degrees.

When done I drained the juice from the baking sheet, turned the mushrooms bowl side up, spay again with cooking spray and sprinkle with some salt and pop them in the oven for 10 mins longer.

After 10 min's (drain again if needed) filled each mushroom with a little pizza or pasta sauce and what ever toppings you like on your pizza's. I added a little sauteed diced onion and bell pepper, about 4 turkey pepperoni slices, a little black olive, salt some Mozzarella cheese. Bake these 15 to 20 min's longer or til cheese is melted and golden. YUMMY!!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'm going to have a Sally from When Harry Met Sally moment. Those look to die for! Of course, I'm sitting here at midnight, my time, drinking a cocktail and trying to restrain myself from running into the kitchen right this minute. I have mushrooms, pepperoni, and cheese. Please help me be strong. Tonight. Looks really yummy!

Follow the swan for the food adventures! said...

these sure looks yuumy except that it takes too much time to prepare!!
ummm i am getting hungry just by looking at the pictures =)

Nau-Dee said...

Thanks for the comment Fio, I agree that they take a long time to cook. These mushrooms were so thick and big that I wanted to get them cooked. If you used smaller or thinner mushrooms the cooking time would be much shorter.