Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Lemon Ginger Bean Cake (p1)

This recipe comes from the SB forum. It was submitted by a member with the addy of Phatty Duke. Its really a good recipe and one that's pretty simple to make.

LEMON GINGER BEAN CAKE (P1)
15 oz. can cannellini beans
4 lg. eggs, separated
1/2 c. Splenda
1 tsp. baking powder
2 Tb. Smart Balance butter
1 tsp. vanilla (I use imitation)
1 tsp. lemon extract
2 tsps. ground ginger
scant 1/4 tsp. salt

Pre-heat oven to 350. Rinse and drain beans.
Blend beans alone in a food processor. Add everything else EXCEPT the egg WHITES.
Whip whites till very stiff. Fold bean mixture into whites.
Pour batter into 8 x 8 pan that's been sprayed w/ Pam.
Bake for 35 minutes.



Now I made this and used cooked beans, not canned. I find that cooked beans give a thicker texture to the cakes and brownies than that of the canned beans. This cake was very good by its self but I whipped up a little topping and it was even better. I took some fat free cream cheese, splenda, lemon extract and blended it to smooth then I folded in some sf cool whip and YUM!

No comments: