Friday, August 18, 2006

Creamy Iced Swiss Moca drink (p1)

OK I found some good recipes by General Foods International, Check out their website here They have a nice variety of mixes that are Sugar free...so that's pretty cool. Now I'm not promoting this brand (it just happens to be the only kind I can get here that is Sugar free) and I'm not saying that you should indulge that much if you are doing South beach - but if you are on P2 or 3 and you do this every so often than its a better alternative that what you can get in the mall etc....

Anyways, they have an iced coffee recipe that sounded pretty good. I really am not into coffee. As a matter of fact, I don't drink. Once in a great while if its served to me I'll partake but not unless its really sweet and has lots of cream - so basically I drink cocoa instead. ha ha. I do however, like the sweet desert ice coffee drinks you can get in cafes or at the mall. I also like the flavors of the International coffee mixes as they aren't too coffee flavored for my pallet. SO when I happened on this site and found this ice coffee recipe I tried it. It was very good. I've made it a few times and I have been playing around with the recipe a tad and this is what I came up with:


Take 8 heaping teaspoons of Swiss Mocha flavored International coffee, 2 cups of skim milk, 1 cup sugar free cool whip, and about 6 to 8 ice cubes and blend in a blender. Pour into a glass and top with some extra cool whip and cinnamon. Its creamy, cool and very similar to what you get at the mall but a whole lot less fat and sugar AND its cheaper!

This makes 2 good size servings, or 3 to 4 small ones...if you want to share :D




No comments: